UK: InBev to give Beck's Vier advertising boost
InBev has lined up an advertising push in the UK for its Beck's Vier beer brand.
The campaign, confirmed today (13 April), is an extension of the 'Beck's Four Steps' adverts already running in the country.
InBev UK will push Beck's Vier with a first TV outing for the brand. The updated ad features a quartet of dancing characters, with an added five-second feature at the end focusing on Beck's Vier with a close-up of a branded glass of the lager and the message: 'Imported Pilsner Lager, 4%'. The adverts will run in the UK in April and May.
The adverts will be backed by a series of digital 48-sheet posters appearing on outdoor sites in London, Birmingham, Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester and Edinburgh until the end of May. At the same time, escalator panels in the London Underground will also display the advertising over an eight-week period, with interactive video advertising using key on-line sites such as Yahoo, MSN and AOL as well as community, news and sporting websites.
"It is an exciting time for Beck's Vier as it builds its consumer audience and this advertising will reinforce awareness in the lead-up to summer - the key time for lager sales," said Richard Ingram, marketing manager for Beck's at InBev UK. "The campaign will underline the established appeal of Beck's - a well-known brand with a premium image and taste - and highlight the unique product credentials of Beck's Vier as we continue its successful rollout."
Beck's Vier was launched in both the on- and off-trade in the UK in March 2006.
The earlier-than-expected departure of Tony Froggatt as CEO of brewing force S&N has set the City rumour-mill churning. The brewer insists the move is a planned succession but, Chris Brook-Carter writ...
News this week that SABMiller and Molson Coors are to team up in the US beer market may have caught the industry by surprise, but the logic is compelling. As Olly Wehring reports, not only can the dea...
Companhia de Bebidas das Americas (AmBev) has stayed silent on speculation that it plans to buy the Cerpa brewery in northern Brazil....
Companhia de Bebidas das Americas (AmBev) has confirmed plans it is seeking to build a new plant in North Brazil....
Compania Cervecerias Unidas (CCU) is set to buy Argentine brewer Inversora Cervecera....
Heineken and two other brewers have been sued for alleged price fixing by an industry group representing Dutch bars....
The United Breweries Group has declared it will not buy Mohan Meakin at its current price, according to reports....
Coca-Cola Enterprises has recruited a senior executive at InBev to head up its European group....
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- US craft spirits could be as big as craft beer
- AB InBev fund ZX Ventures buys homebrew co
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends