UK: InBev to close Belfast site
InBev has insisted that no jobs will be affected when it moves from its site in west Belfast.
A spokesman for InBev UK told just-drinks today (27 June) that there would be "no job issues" surrounding the move for the 80 employees employed at the Glen Road site.
The brewing giant uses the premises for sales, marketing and distribution after ending production at the site in 2004. The spokesman said the site, which is over 100 years old, had become "unsuitable for purpose".
He added: "Obviously there is a cost-factor involved but the current site is badly under-utilised and there are health and safety issues with the number of heavy goods vehicles going to and from the site. We are looking at alternatives."
InBev is hoping to remain in the Belfast area and aims to move within the next two years, the spokesman said.
As managing director of SABMiller's European division. Alan Clark has a diverse group of markets in his charge, including Russia, Italy, the Canary Islands and Romania. In the second part of this mont...
This month's just-drinks interview is a double-header, featuring two prominent executives from major international brewing groups operating in Europe. First, Olly Wehring discusses the challenges faci...
SABMiller has made up ground on its rival Anheuser-Busch in the developing Chinese beer market over the past two years. But, writes Dean Best, both companies will have to take the long-term view as th...
InBev is to end its long-running sponsorship of film programming on UK television station Channel 4....
InBev has reportedly finalised the sale of German brewer Dinkelacker-Schwaben Bräu....
InBev is outsourcing its business and application services in Central and Eastern Europe....
Isbre Holding Corp. has secured distribution for its namesake spring water in the US state of Delaware....
Carlsberg has finally signalled its entry into India after months of speculation surrounding the brewer's ambitions for the fast-growing beer market....
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q4 & FY
- Focus - Suntory Holdings' FY Performance
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Asahi Beverages CEO to step down - report
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report