BELGIUM: InBev stays quiet on Indian appointment
InBev has stayed silent on recent media speculation that Raja Mukerji will join its joint venture with RJ Corp in India.
When contacted by just-drinks today (23 August), Inbev refused to confirm or deny recent reports that Mukerji would be joining the brewer's Indian operations.
Mukerji, who is rumoured to have been appointed as president, would be joining from Bajaj Hindustan, having previously worked for companies including Radico Khaitan, Shaw Wallace and Coca Cola.
InBev finally made a move into the Indian beer market in May, when it entered into a "long-term joint venture agreement" with RJ. InBev said at the time that it will take an initial 49% stake in the venture with the option to increase its participation at a later date.
InBev is dropping one of the members of its Artois family in the UK, after less than three years on the market....
InBev is losing its second president of its UK & Ireland division in as many years....
The chairman of Coca-Cola Enterprises has announced his retirement....
AmBev has completed its share tender offer for Quinsa....
Merrill Lynch has shifted its coverage of Heineken....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
InBev has internally appointed its marketing director in Germany to fill the same role in its UK unit....
SABMiller has declared its public offer for all issued and outstanding shares in Grolsch as unconditional, adding that "all offer conditions have been satisfied or waived"....
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Tough US hits Mast-Jagermeister volumes in 2014
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report