BELGIUM: InBev stays quiet on Budejovicky Budvar sale reports
Local radio in the country reported yesterday (27 August) that the Czech government is mulling over plans to privatise the state-owned brewer, along with a raft of other companies it owns. Czech Deputy Finance Minister Ivan Fuksa was cited as saying that the Government is considering a sale of the brewer, the country's third largest.
Other reports from the country have suggested that InBev would be the front-runner should the move go ahead.
Speaking to just-drinks today, however, a spokesperson for InBev said: "This is not a matter for us to comment on."
No-one was immediately available at Budvar for comment on the reports.
Last month, Budvar credited a strong performance in the US for a leap in first half sales. The brewer saw sales volumes in the six-month period climb by 11% on the corresponding period a year earlier.
InBev is dropping one of the members of its Artois family in the UK, after less than three years on the market....
InBev is losing its second president of its UK & Ireland division in as many years....
The chairman of Coca-Cola Enterprises has announced his retirement....
AmBev has completed its share tender offer for Quinsa....
Merrill Lynch has shifted its coverage of Heineken....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
InBev has internally appointed its marketing director in Germany to fill the same role in its UK unit....
SABMiller has declared its public offer for all issued and outstanding shares in Grolsch as unconditional, adding that "all offer conditions have been satisfied or waived"....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts