BELGIUM: InBev stays quiet on Budejovicky Budvar sale reports
Local radio in the country reported yesterday (27 August) that the Czech government is mulling over plans to privatise the state-owned brewer, along with a raft of other companies it owns. Czech Deputy Finance Minister Ivan Fuksa was cited as saying that the Government is considering a sale of the brewer, the country's third largest.
Other reports from the country have suggested that InBev would be the front-runner should the move go ahead.
Speaking to just-drinks today, however, a spokesperson for InBev said: "This is not a matter for us to comment on."
No-one was immediately available at Budvar for comment on the reports.
Last month, Budvar credited a strong performance in the US for a leap in first half sales. The brewer saw sales volumes in the six-month period climb by 11% on the corresponding period a year earlier.
InBev is dropping one of the members of its Artois family in the UK, after less than three years on the market....
InBev is losing its second president of its UK & Ireland division in as many years....
The chairman of Coca-Cola Enterprises has announced his retirement....
AmBev has completed its share tender offer for Quinsa....
Merrill Lynch has shifted its coverage of Heineken....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
InBev has internally appointed its marketing director in Germany to fill the same role in its UK unit....
SABMiller has declared its public offer for all issued and outstanding shares in Grolsch as unconditional, adding that "all offer conditions have been satisfied or waived"....
- The End of the Road for International Beer Brands?
- Comment - Another One Bites Bacardi's Dust
- Allegro: The shape of things to come at Pernod?
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- US craft vodka puts squeeze on Pernod's Absolut
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Pernod bemoans tough FY as sales, profits drop
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Bacardi announces CFO switch
- SABMiller exec to become CFO at Beam Suntory