BELGIUM: InBev silent on former CEO legal claims
InBev has declined to comment on local reports claiming its former CEO is seeking legal advice over unpaid stock options.
Belgian daily newspaper Le Soir reported this week that John Brock, who left the brewer in December 2005, is taking legal advice over the EUR30m (US$40.6m) he believes InBev owes him as part of a golden handshake package.
The report said that InBev has recognised that it owes EUR10m to Brock, who was replaced by Carlos Brito after almost three years at the helm. The brewer was cited as believing the remaining EUR20m includes stock options which were cancelled as Brock did not spend three years at the head of the company.
When contacted by just-drinks today (13 April), a spokesperson for InBev would not be drawn on the reports. "We will not be commenting on this matter," the spokesperson said. No comment was given either to requests for Brock's final salary package.
Brock is currently CEO at Coca-Cola bottler Coca-Cola Enterprises in the US.
The earlier-than-expected departure of Tony Froggatt as CEO of brewing force S&N has set the City rumour-mill churning. The brewer insists the move is a planned succession but, Chris Brook-Carter writ...
News this week that SABMiller and Molson Coors are to team up in the US beer market may have caught the industry by surprise, but the logic is compelling. As Olly Wehring reports, not only can the dea...
Companhia de Bebidas das Americas (AmBev) has stayed silent on speculation that it plans to buy the Cerpa brewery in northern Brazil....
Companhia de Bebidas das Americas (AmBev) has confirmed plans it is seeking to build a new plant in North Brazil....
Compania Cervecerias Unidas (CCU) is set to buy Argentine brewer Inversora Cervecera....
Heineken and two other brewers have been sued for alleged price fixing by an industry group representing Dutch bars....
The United Breweries Group has declared it will not buy Mohan Meakin at its current price, according to reports....
Coca-Cola Enterprises has teamed up with Domino's Pizza to make its sugar-free Coca-Cola Zero brand available in all Domino's stores in the US....
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- A game of two halves for Remy Cointreau - Analysis
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- Britvic hits make-or-break time for US Fruit Shoot
- Beam Suntory to sell brandy & sherry to Emperador
- Former Diageo exec joins William Grant in LatAm
- A-B InBev mulls sale of Peroni, Grolsch - report
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- This week in spirits & wine
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Market 2015-2019
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts