BELGIUM: InBev silent on former CEO legal claims
InBev has declined to comment on local reports claiming its former CEO is seeking legal advice over unpaid stock options.
Belgian daily newspaper Le Soir reported this week that John Brock, who left the brewer in December 2005, is taking legal advice over the EUR30m (US$40.6m) he believes InBev owes him as part of a golden handshake package.
The report said that InBev has recognised that it owes EUR10m to Brock, who was replaced by Carlos Brito after almost three years at the helm. The brewer was cited as believing the remaining EUR20m includes stock options which were cancelled as Brock did not spend three years at the head of the company.
When contacted by just-drinks today (13 April), a spokesperson for InBev would not be drawn on the reports. "We will not be commenting on this matter," the spokesperson said. No comment was given either to requests for Brock's final salary package.
Brock is currently CEO at Coca-Cola bottler Coca-Cola Enterprises in the US.
The earlier-than-expected departure of Tony Froggatt as CEO of brewing force S&N has set the City rumour-mill churning. The brewer insists the move is a planned succession but, Chris Brook-Carter writ...
News this week that SABMiller and Molson Coors are to team up in the US beer market may have caught the industry by surprise, but the logic is compelling. As Olly Wehring reports, not only can the dea...
Companhia de Bebidas das Americas (AmBev) has stayed silent on speculation that it plans to buy the Cerpa brewery in northern Brazil....
Companhia de Bebidas das Americas (AmBev) has confirmed plans it is seeking to build a new plant in North Brazil....
Compania Cervecerias Unidas (CCU) is set to buy Argentine brewer Inversora Cervecera....
Heineken and two other brewers have been sued for alleged price fixing by an industry group representing Dutch bars....
The United Breweries Group has declared it will not buy Mohan Meakin at its current price, according to reports....
Coca-Cola Enterprises has teamed up with Domino's Pizza to make its sugar-free Coca-Cola Zero brand available in all Domino's stores in the US....
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review