BELGIUM: InBev silent on A-B merger "inevitable" claim
A story in Belgian business magazine Trends yesterday (7 June) cited senior InBev figures as saying a merger would be inevitable in the long run. The magazine cited senior figures at InBev saying they believed a tie-up with A-B at some point "belonged to the nature of things". A separate recent report in Brazilian newspaper Valor Economico has suggested that the two companies are in talks, although they remain only preliminary.
When contacted by just-drinks today, however, a spokesperson for InBev said: "There's been no statement by any InBev executive on this matter.
"We will not comment further on speculation," the spokesperson concluded.
Late last year, the two brewers announced that A-B will become the exclusive distributor of InBev's premium European beers in the US. The companies also have agreements in South Korea and in Canada, where they have a licensing agreement through InBev's Labatt Breweries.
Rising raw material costs have been a feature of numerous companies' results over the past few months. As Jessica Harvey writes, some companies have been able to bolster themselves against this trend ...
Anheuser-Busch has promoted its vice president of corporate labor relations to the newly-vacated role of group vice president and chief legal officer....
Anheuser-Busch has reaffirmed its full-year earnings per share growth despite the rising costs of commodities....
Anheuser-Busch has launched a new vodka brand through its Long Tail Libations spirits arm across the US....
The Russian wing of InBev has been raided by the country's police this week....
The likelihood of a union between InBev and Anheuser-Busch has become a stronger possibility, following SABMiller's acquisition of Grolsch, according to a drinks analyst....
Grupo Modelo has extended its distribution agreement with Molson Coors Brewing in Canada....
Grolsch has hailed today's (19 November) move by SABMiller to acquire the Dutch brewer as "ideal"....
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q3 & YTD
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard unveils Havana Club ad campaign
- Global Tequila market hits new highs in 2014
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Remy Cointreau US head to step down
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets