BELGIUM: InBev shareholders back Anheuser-Busch buyout
Shareholders voted "overwhelmingly" in favour of the deal at an extraodrinary general meeting this morning (29 September), InBev said.
The deal, which values Anheuser-Busch (A-B) at $0.70 per share, is the largest ever proposed in the brewing sector.
Inbev shareholders also approved the name Anheuser-Busch InBev as the new brewing giant's title. A-B CEO August Busch IV was also cleared to become a director of the new company.
Busch was in-line to receive a lump sum of $10.3m, as well as a fee of around $120,000 per month until the end of 2013, according to a stock market filing by A-B in August.
InBev re-iterated today that it expected to complete the takeover by the end of the year. It said last week that financial market turmoil had not jeopardised its financing of the deal.
A-B will hold its own shareholder vote on 3 October.
Belgium-based beer giant Anheuser-Busch InBev saw its fourth-quarter profit plummet 95% yesterday (5 March), hurt by restructuring charges and poor beer sales. Michelle Russell looks at the reaction t...
Anheuser-Busch InBev has failed in its attempt to register the Budweiser name as a protected trademark in the EU....
InBev has launched a viral campaign for its Stella Artois 4% brand in the UK....
Anheuser-Busch InBev has successfully defended its Stella Artois advert campaign in the UK, following an official complaint to the country's advertising watchdog....
Innovative Beverage Group has signed a distribution deal with long-time Anheuser-Busch partner, Arkansas Distribution Company....
The Lotte Group has dropped out of the race for Anheuser-Busch InBev's South Korean beer operations, Oriental Brewery, according to local reports....
Anheuser-Busch has confirmed that it is bringing its sponsorship of the National Hot Rod Association in the US to a close....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
- Analysis - Will Diageo call time on wine?
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- Comment - A New Age of VR Marketing?
- Comment - Will the Sweetener Battle turn Sour?
- A-B InBev snaps up Bogotá Beer Co in Colombia
- Diageo considers wine operations sale
- NPD: Bacardi's Bacardi Carta Fuego
- A-B InBev approves new chairman
- Bacardi widens Craigellachie footprint to Asia
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo Plc in Wine (World)
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets