US: InBev sets date for Anheuser-Busch vote
InBev shareholders will get their chance to vote on the brewer's proposed takeover of Anheuser-Busch at the end of this month.
InBev announced this week that it would hold an Extraordinary General Meeting at 11am on 29 September, at its Leuven headquarters in Belgium.
The meeting will give shareholders the chance to approve their firm's US$52bn takeover of US brewing giant Anheuser-Busch, in what would be the largest ever deal in the global beer sector.
Earlier this week, InBev refuted suggestions that the current turmoil in financial markets could jeopardise the deal.
It said that its financial backers for the deal "represent a very diversified group of strong banks, giving InBev access to all significant capital markets".
Belgium-based beer giant Anheuser-Busch InBev saw its fourth-quarter profit plummet 95% yesterday (5 March), hurt by restructuring charges and poor beer sales. Michelle Russell looks at the reaction t...
Anheuser-Busch InBev has successfully defended its Stella Artois advert campaign in the UK, following an official complaint to the country's advertising watchdog....
Innovative Beverage Group has signed a distribution deal with long-time Anheuser-Busch partner, Arkansas Distribution Company....
The Lotte Group has dropped out of the race for Anheuser-Busch InBev's South Korean beer operations, Oriental Brewery, according to local reports....
Anheuser-Busch has confirmed that it is bringing its sponsorship of the National Hot Rod Association in the US to a close....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Anheuser-Busch InBev has completed the previously announced sale of its InBev USA business, to an affiliate of KPS Capital Partners, LP...
Anheuser-Busch InBev is consolidating its operations in the UK, with the appointment of the head of its combined UK and Ireland business....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts