BELGIUM: InBev seals Quinsa share deal
InBev's Brazilian unit AmBev has finalised a deal to up its stake in Argentina's largest brewery, Quinsa.
InBev said today (9 August) that AmBev had bought shares in Quinsa owned by Beverages Associates Corp. for US$1.25bn. The deal takes AmBev's interest in Quinsa from 56.7% to 91.2%. The agreement, first announced in April, marked the last stage of a deal signed in 2002 when AmBev acquired an initial stake in Quinsa.
InBev said: "AmBev expects the transaction to increase synergies between the operations of Quinsa and AmBev throughout Argentina, Uruguay, Paraguay, Bolivia and Chile. The transaction reflects AmBev's commitment to grow in these markets."
Coca-Cola HBC is "exploring" the idea of producing the traditional Russian bread drink kvas....
Brewing giant InBev is set to snap up Lakeport Brewing Co. in Canada....
Belgium's competition watchdog has rejected complaints from two of the country's leading horeca associations against brewing giant InBev. The country's Competition Council has thrown out claims that I...
InBev has reportedly begun building a brewery in China's eastern Zhejiang prvince....
Inbev has been given the green light to try to buy the remaining shares in Quinsa that it does not already own....
The state of Pennsylvania has pledged investment to help reopen the former Rolling Rock brewery in Latrobe....
Belgian brewer Alken-Maes has begun talks with employees over its plans to close its brewery in the town of Jumet....
Brazil's number two brewer Schincariol has bought local craft brewer Baden Baden for an undisclosed sum....
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Can Coca-Cola fuel SABMiller's soft drinks story?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Diageo confirms Australia RTD abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Pernod takes Absolut Warhol push to Travel Retail
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014