BELGIUM: InBev resolves workers’ fears
The dispute between InBev and workers at its breweries in Belgium has come to an end.
The brewer was hit by a strike by white collar workers late last week, which saw the entrances to its facilities in Leuven and Jupille blocked for a time on Friday. The workers were protesting over a proposed variable wage structure for commercial employees and a labour agreement for its white collar workers.
As part of the agreement, the company's white collar workers in Belgium will get increased job security until 2015 and a gross salary increase of EUR30 a month.
"InBev Belgium is satisfied to have been able to conclude in a constructive way an agreement with a positive result for both employees and the company," the company said.
Anheuser-Busch has said that it has agreed a settlement in lawsuits filed by shareholders during the InBev bidding process....
Anheuser-Busch has confirmed details of its latest dividend payment....
InBev has dismissed speculation that is has lined up a high strength brand extension for its Stella Artois beer in the UK....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
[Updated 19:20BST] Grupo Modelo has filed a notice of arbitration against Anheuser-Busch in light of A-B's pending takeover by InBev....
InBev has postponed its rights offering following the recent "unprecedented" volatility on the world's stock markets....
InBev UK is preparing to launch a Christmas media campaign for its Stella Artois 4% brand....
Foster's Wine Estates has announced the appointment of Shawn Schiffer as vice president of National Retail Accounts....
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Paddy Irish whiskey - The Facts
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Pernod in talks to sell Paddy whiskey to Sazerac
- US wholesalers point to Absolut decline - report
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US
- Carbonates in India