BELGIUM: InBev relief as Jupiler claim dismissed
Belgium's competition watchdog has rejected complaints from two of the country's leading horeca associations against brewing giant InBev.
The country's Competition Council has this week thrown out claims that InBev forced Belgian bar owners to stock larger brand glassware for local brand Jupiler.
Les Fédérations Horeca Wallonie et Vlaanderen, two associations representing Belgian hotel, restaurant and bar owners, had argued that the new glasses meant bar owners were having to pour more beer for the same price.
An InBev Belgium spokesperson said yesterday (31 January) that the brewer was "very happy" with the decision. She added: "The (bar owners) were not obliged to take the improved glassware."
The Famous Grouse and Maxxium UK have both signed up Woo Communications as their global marketing communications agency....
InBev has confirmed reports that it is to release its Lowenbrau beer brand in the Indian market....
A local broker has lowered its coverage of Mexican brewer Grupo Modelo....
InBev and SABMiller have had their share coverage raised....
Brazilian-based drinks group Companhia de Bebidas das Americas, part of InBev, announced yesterday (17 July) that its subsidiary, AmBev International has agreed a pricing of notes for issuance....
InBev has been hit by a potential beer tamperer in Canada....
Brazilian-based drinks group Companhia de Bebidas das Americas, part of InBev, has announced today that its wholly owned subsidiary, AmBev International Finance Co. Ltd., is to offer a benchmark amoun...
Brewing combine InBev has announced that it is selling certain retail estate assets in the Netherlands and Belgium to Belgian property group Cofinimmo....
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Guinness: A Great Day for St James's Gate
- Wines of the Beautiful South Ups its Game
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Scottish leader speaks out over Scotch whisky
- SABMiller, Heineken silent on takeover offer talk