BELGIUM: InBev relief as Jupiler claim dismissed
Belgium's competition watchdog has rejected complaints from two of the country's leading horeca associations against brewing giant InBev.
The country's Competition Council has this week thrown out claims that InBev forced Belgian bar owners to stock larger brand glassware for local brand Jupiler.
Les Fédérations Horeca Wallonie et Vlaanderen, two associations representing Belgian hotel, restaurant and bar owners, had argued that the new glasses meant bar owners were having to pour more beer for the same price.
An InBev Belgium spokesperson said yesterday (31 January) that the brewer was "very happy" with the decision. She added: "The (bar owners) were not obliged to take the improved glassware."
The Famous Grouse and Maxxium UK have both signed up Woo Communications as their global marketing communications agency....
InBev has confirmed reports that it is to release its Lowenbrau beer brand in the Indian market....
A local broker has lowered its coverage of Mexican brewer Grupo Modelo....
InBev and SABMiller have had their share coverage raised....
Brazilian-based drinks group Companhia de Bebidas das Americas, part of InBev, announced yesterday (17 July) that its subsidiary, AmBev International has agreed a pricing of notes for issuance....
InBev has been hit by a potential beer tamperer in Canada....
Brazilian-based drinks group Companhia de Bebidas das Americas, part of InBev, has announced today that its wholly owned subsidiary, AmBev International Finance Co. Ltd., is to offer a benchmark amoun...
Brewing combine InBev has announced that it is selling certain retail estate assets in the Netherlands and Belgium to Belgian property group Cofinimmo....
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 sales performance by region - Focus
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- Diageo appoints new Smirnoff head
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends