BELGIUM: InBev raises beer prices
Rising costs have forced InBev Belgium, the local division of Anheuser-Busch InBev, to raise beer prices in the country, the brewer has said.
Beer prices will rise 3.5% on average from 15 March, due to rising business costs, InBev Belgium said today (8 January).
It said the increase was necessary in order to manage costs "in a beer market in structural decline" and to "ensure the long-term success of the company, its brands and its partners".
Anheuser-Busch InBev, the new brewing giant formed by InBev's US$52bn takeover of its rival, has its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has agreed to sell four beverage can plants to Ball, the global packaging giant, for US$577m....
Czech brewer Pivovary Staropramen, part of Anheuser-Busch InBev, has reported a 50% drop in profits for 2008....
Anheuser-Busch InBev has established an American Depositary Receipt (ADR) programme in the US in order to secure greater investment in the brewer's North American business....
Read the top ten stories published on just-drinks this week....
Anheuser-Busch InBev has denied reports that it is looking into ways to consolidate its network of beer distributors in the US....
Anheuser-Busch InBev has declined to comment on speculation that it has received a bid for its Central and Eastern European operations....
Asahi Breweries is to shift focus from sales marketing and production of domestic brand beer in China from Yantai beer to support the Tsingtao beer brand....
United Wineries has expanded its UK team with two appointments....
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- Global director int'l brands, Heineken - Interview
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part I
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- SABMiller confirms price paid for Meantime
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Absolut rebound paints rosy picture for Pernod
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends