BELGIUM: InBev raises beer prices
Beer prices will rise 3.5% on average from 15 March, due to rising business costs, InBev Belgium said today (8 January).
It said the increase was necessary in order to manage costs "in a beer market in structural decline" and to "ensure the long-term success of the company, its brands and its partners".
Anheuser-Busch InBev, the new brewing giant formed by InBev's US$52bn takeover of its rival, has its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has agreed to sell four beverage can plants to Ball, the global packaging giant, for US$577m....
Czech brewer Pivovary Staropramen, part of Anheuser-Busch InBev, has reported a 50% drop in profits for 2008....
Anheuser-Busch InBev has established an American Depositary Receipt (ADR) programme in the US in order to secure greater investment in the brewer's North American business....
Read the top ten stories published on just-drinks this week....
Anheuser-Busch InBev has denied reports that it is looking into ways to consolidate its network of beer distributors in the US....
Anheuser-Busch InBev has declined to comment on speculation that it has received a bid for its Central and Eastern European operations....
Asahi Breweries is to shift focus from sales marketing and production of domestic brand beer in China from Yantai beer to support the Tsingtao beer brand....
United Wineries has expanded its UK team with two appointments....
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much Needed Stability?
- A Dangerous World and the Threat to Beverages
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- SABMiller beer volumes fall as China holds back Q3
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets