INDIA: InBev prepares green field brewery for India - report
InBev's joint venture in India has lined up a green field site in the country, according to local reports.
The Press Trust of India said yesterday (27 January) that InBev India International, the brewer's joint venture with the RKJ Group, has lined up an INR10bn (US$254.4m) investment in a new facility in the state of Andhra Pradesh.
The brewery will have an annual capacity of around 32m cases, the report said, citing RKJ's chairman, Ravi Jaipuria.
"Once we get necessary clearance from the authority, we will initiate the construction of the plant, which will require about INR10bn investment," Jaipuria told PTI.
The plant should begin operations before the end of next year, the report said.
Gaipuria was also cited as saying in the report that two of InBev's flagship brands have been lined up for the country. "Stella Artois and Beck, will be launched in the first half of the current year in Goa," Jaipuria said. "After Goa, we will launch it in other parts of the country and by the end of 2008 and it will be available in all metro cities."
No-one was immediately available at InBev to confirm the report when contacted by just-drinks today.
InBev finally entered the Indian beer market last year, when it set up a "long-term joint venture agreement" with the RKJ Group. The global brewer took an initial 49% stake in the venture with the option to increase its participation at a later date.
In the end, the fall of Anheuser-Busch to a sweetened bid from InBev has been far swifter than most commentators expected. And, after close to 150 years of proud independence, the King of Beers will h...
Given the consolidation trend in the global beer market it was not likely to be that long before another mega-deal came along. InBev's move for US giant Anheuser-Busch was not unexpected though the co...
Ten facts about Anheuser-Busch:...
Anheuser-Busch has confirmed details of its latest dividend payment....
Anheuser-Busch has seen price increases in the US buoy its figures in the latest quarter....
Anheuser-Busch has renewed its sponsorship of the US Olympic team....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Molson Coors has confirmed an addition to its board of directors....
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Diageo unveils Ciroc in Times Square push
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research