BELGIUM: InBev prepares additional share buy-back plan
InBev has launched a buy-back programme to hedge its share-based compensation system.
The company said today (21 January) that, following the successful completion of its EUR300m (US$434.8m) buy-back programme, which was announced in August, it plans to initiate another buy-back for up to the same amount.
The buy-back "will be executed pursuant to the powers granted at the extraordinary general meeting of shareholders" and, "in accordance with that mandate, may be conducted within eight months of the date of the resolution", the brewer added.
In the end, the fall of Anheuser-Busch to a sweetened bid from InBev has been far swifter than most commentators expected. And, after close to 150 years of proud independence, the King of Beers will h...
Given the consolidation trend in the global beer market it was not likely to be that long before another mega-deal came along. InBev's move for US giant Anheuser-Busch was not unexpected though the co...
Ten facts about Anheuser-Busch:...
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Molson Coors has confirmed an addition to its board of directors....
The US union Teamsters has said it is concerned about the reliability of InBev's commitments not to close any US breweries following its deal to acquire Anheuser-Busch....
InBev has lined up the acquisition of Anheuser-Busch, after the brewer raised its offer for the US company....
just-drinks runs the rule over the past month as InBev finally bags its target Anheuser-Busch....
- Analysis - SABMiller to add bolt-ons in Africa?
- A-B InBev's Move on Tennent's Super Makes Sense
- India: Everyone's Favourite Spirits Market
- Brand Diversification Driving Craft Brewery Growth
- Analysis - Stock Spirits: Poland's number one
- Diageo scraps Arthur's Day, but singer left sad
- Pernod Ricard's Café de Paris Pear, Pomegranate
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- William Grant sinks GBP185,000 into "No" camp
- SodaStream silent on John Lewis pullout in UK