UK: InBev not Bavaria race leader - CEO
InBev believes that other companies are more interested in Bavaria than it is. Speaking to reporters on Friday (10 June), the brewer's CEO, John Brock, reiterated that the company would not comment on specific acquisition targets.
A report by Reuters said Brock told reporters in London: "It is very clear that there are other people out there substantially more interested in Bavaria than we are." It is widely-thought that Heineken and SABMiller are the leaders in the race for Bavaria, although the Colombian brewer said earlier this year that it had no intention of selling.
Brock also said that InBev's strategy will focus on expansion in China, Russia and Germany, while keeping an eye open for "bolt-on" acquisitions in Latin America. "There are no transforming deals I wish to comment on," he added. "We have no plans for a transforming deal."
When contacted by just-drinks, a spokeswoman for the brewing giant said that she had nothing further to add to Brock's comments.
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
Heineken has acquired a 40% stake in a Chinese brewery....
Heineken Espana is looking to invest heavily in a new plant in southern Spain....
Carlsberg cannot compete with some of the larger global brewers when it comes to earnings, according to the Danish company's CEO....
InBev has added a Russian brewery to its pilot project to improve efficiency throughout its operations....
Grupo Empresarial Bavaria is not looking to sell up, its president has confirmed....
The chief financial officer of Brau Union has resigned....
A Heineken joint venture unit is attempting to buy up the remaining shares in Wuerzburger Hofbraeu....
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- What's behind Brown-Forman's Irish whiskey plans?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- How good a sustainability fit are ABI and SAB?
- Interview - Heineken global activation director
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Chandon to become "third pillar brand" for MH
- Brown-Forman silent on Southern Comfort report
- Pay freeze anger threatens Carlsberg UK site
- Stoli appoints international marketing director
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research