US: InBev mulling sale of Rolling Rock brewer
InBev USA is mulling the sale of the Latrobe Brewing Co., the brewer of brands including Rolling Rock.
The US arm of global brewing giant InBev told just-drinks today (21 March) that it had decided to focus on its "high-profit specialty import brands", including Stella Artois, Beck's and Brahma.
It said: "With that in mind, the company has started examining opportunities both inside and outside InBev to determine how to optimise the full potential of Rolling Rock and the Latrobe Brewing Company."
InBev USA added that it believed Latrobe and Rolling Rock held "great potential for future growth" and that "high levels of awareness and distribution are a tremendous benefit to the brand". However, the company declined to comment any further on its plans for the brewery or the associated brand portfolio.
According to industry analysts Stifel Nicolaus, Latrobe Brewing Co. accounts for around 20% of InBev's volumes in the US, with InBev USA holding around 2.4% of the US beer market.
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
InBev has extended the deadline for the receipt of acceptances for the recommended offers of USD33.41 in cash for the remaining shares and Securities that it does not already own in SUN Interbrew (SIL...
InBev said yesterday that its General Shareholders Meeting of April 26, 2005 approved the annual accounts 2004, as well as the gross dividend of €0.39 proposed by the board of directors....
InBev, the world's largest brewer by volume, said it has achieved overall organic volume growth of 4.1% in the first quarter of 2005, to 47.3m hectolitres, despite tough conditions in the US and Weste...
Stella Artois is to launch a new global advertising campaign, according to press reports....
InBev has sold its majority stake in Bosnia's Uniline brewery, according to local reports....
InBev has made an offer to acquire the remaining minority interests in its Russian business SUN Interbrew Ltd (SIL) that it doesn't own, at a price of US$33.41 in cash per security....
The Bosnian government has put a majority stake in the country's brewery Banjalucka Pivara up for sale. Previous efforts to privatise the brewer have failed....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts