FRANCE: InBev loses Guinness distribution in France
Guinness France said today (5 June) that the switch would be made at the begining of next month.
"We saw an opportunity with InBev five years ago, but now our strategy has evolved," said Sandrine Morales of Guinness France.
Morales said there were three reasons for the change - to improve Guinness' route to the on-trade market in France, to develop increased supermarket sales, and to upgrade quality training of bar staff and wholesalers.
"Kronenbourg will be better at getting Guinness to more bars in France and it has strong relations with supermarkets such as Carrefour, E.Leclerc and Intermarché," said Morales.
A new training programme will also be launched by Kronenbourg for bar staff and wholesalers in September. "Quality is a key driver for us, and this matches our strategy," Morales added.
Kronenbourg said they welcomed the arrival of Guinness and Kilkenny, allowing them to complete their offer in this speciality area.
InBev said the decision was taken entirely by Diageo, without consulting InBev, and refused to comment further.
Diageo is considering plans to brew its stout brand Guinness in India....
The chairman of Remy Cointreau has confirmed that the company is set to create its own distribution company in China and South-East Asia....
The Russian wing of InBev has been raided by the country's police this week....
The likelihood of a union between InBev and Anheuser-Busch has become a stronger possibility, following SABMiller's acquisition of Grolsch, according to a drinks analyst....
Diageo has launched its Guinness Surger unit in the US....
Diageo has refused to be drawn on whether or not it is eyeing a stake in the Indian spirits giant United Spirits....
Diageo is in discussion with the organisers of the 2012 London Olympics over a £85m sponsorship deal, a report in the UK press has said....
InBev has reported a disappointing set of results for its third quarter....
- Paddy Irish whiskey - The Facts
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Is single malt the Great White Hope for Scotch?
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Pernod in talks to sell Paddy whiskey to Sazerac
- US wholesalers point to Absolut decline - report
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carbonates in India
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US