UPDATE: BELGIUM: InBev leaves door open for strike negotiations
InBev has said that it is open to "constructive dialogue" with workers in Belgium who staged a walkout late last week over a proposed variable wage structure for commercial employees and a labour agreement for its white collar workers.
The brewer was hit by the strike by white collar workers on Friday (25 April) which saw the entrances to its facilities in Leuven and Jupille blocked for a time on Friday.
White collar workers are unhappy with the planned introduction of a variable pay set-up, which InBev Belgium has described as being "a win-win" solution. "The new structure will incentivise workers, making them feel like co-owners of the company," a spokesperson for InBev Belgium told just-drinks today (28 April). "At the same time, we should see volumes become more stimulated, which would be positive for InBev Belgium as well as for all of our employees."
The strike on Friday ended later in the day, with the spokesperson noting that "no new details" are currently available on the situation.
"We are always willing to have constructive dialogue with our social partners," the spokesperson concluded.
Anheuser-Busch has said that it has agreed a settlement in lawsuits filed by shareholders during the InBev bidding process....
Anheuser-Busch has confirmed details of its latest dividend payment....
InBev has dismissed speculation that is has lined up a high strength brand extension for its Stella Artois beer in the UK....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
[Updated 19:20BST] Grupo Modelo has filed a notice of arbitration against Anheuser-Busch in light of A-B's pending takeover by InBev....
InBev has postponed its rights offering following the recent "unprecedented" volatility on the world's stock markets....
InBev UK is preparing to launch a Christmas media campaign for its Stella Artois 4% brand....
Foster's Wine Estates has announced the appointment of Shawn Schiffer as vice president of National Retail Accounts....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Baijius brand value overtakes whisk(e)y - figures
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends