BELGIUM: InBev India to control Budweiser operations
InBev India, a two-year-old joint venture between India's Ravi Jaipuria and Anheuser-Busch InBev, will control the sales, marketing and distribution of the Budweiser and Armstrong brands, the company confirmed to just-drinks today (11 June).
Ravi Jaipuria's RJ Corp owns a 51% stake in the joint venture.
"We have brought together the two sales operations and InBev India is undertaking the sales, marketing and distribution of Budweiser and Armstrong," a spokesperson told just-drinks.
India's beer market remains small, with per capital consumption of around one litre. But, with a drinking population of around 500m, the country's potential is clear to brewers.
Last week, Anheuser-Busch InBev completed the sale of its remaining 7% stake in Tsingtao Brewery to private Chinese investor Chen Fashu for US$235m.
The deal means that A-B InBev is no longer a shareholder in Tsingtao.
Results posted by major brewers in recent weeks suggest conditions are improving in the global beer market, which is borne out by a new report from just-drinks forecasting growth over the medium term....
Molson Coors and C&C Group have revised their distribution agreement over C&C's Draught Magners cider brand in the UK....
Anheuser-Busch InBev has beefed up its "recyclage" activity for its Stella Artois brand in the UK....
Skinny Nutritional has posted almost a doubling of net losses for its third quarter, as sales continue to rise for its flavoured water portfolio....
The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has questioned the legality of caffeinated alcoholic beverages and may ban the drinks if producers cannot prove that adding caffeine to alcohol is safe....
The US Food ad Drug Administration is to investigate the safety and legality of caffeinated alcoholic beverages, following concern over the effects of the drinks on consumers....
AmBev, the division of Anheuser-Busch InBev, booked a 5.8% increase in third-quarter profit, boosted by beer sales in Brazil and prices increases....
Read the top ten stories published on just-drinks this week....
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- This week in spirits & wine
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- Britvic's FY Performance by Region - Focus
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Craft, imports near 50% share in US on-trade
- Beam Suntory's Laphroaig Brodir - NPD
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts