BELGIUM/HOLLAND: InBev, Heineken settle home brew row
In 2005, Heineken launched a lawsuit against InBev and Dutch electrical company Philips, in which it accused the two companies of infringing intellectual property rights.
Heineken had claimed that InBev and Philips had infringed patents on its BeerTender home brewing kit with the launch of their own dispenser, PerfectDraft.
The suit was dismissed by a court in Holland in December that year. In January 2006, Heineken appealed the decision. However, the two brewers have settled the dispute out of court with legal proceedings still pending.
"The differences have been resolved in a mutually acceptable manner and as a result, all pending litigations between the parties have been stopped with immediate effect," InBev and Heineken said.
Terms of the agreement, which the brewing giants announced today (9 January) were not disclosed.
When contacted by just-drinks, spokespeople for both Heineken and InBev declined to comment on the specifics of the settlement.
The Argentinean brewer Quilmes Industrial is to invest US$100m this year in increasing production and expanding its sales network. The brewer said it was also increasing investment in technological in...
UBS has increased its 2007 growth estimates for Heineken. However, in a research note the investment bank said it was maintaining its "neutral 1" rating on the Dutch brewer....
InBev has confirmed that its subsidiary Immobrew could accept an offer from a buyer within the week....
Diageo has dismissed, yet again, speculation that it is considering selling its Guinness beer brand....
Heineken and FEMSA have extended their tie-up in Brazil....
Heineken's group commerce director will leave the business due to "differing views" with the brewer's CEO....
Dutch brewer Heineken is continuing to extend its presence in the US. The company said yesterday (21 June) that it had officially opened a Northeast regional business unit office in Stamford, Connecti...
Anheuser-Busch is being countersued in the US by one of its distributors in Florida....
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Can Coca-Cola fuel SABMiller's soft drinks story?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Diageo confirms Australia RTD abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Smirnoff tops UK shopping list - figures
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014