BELGIUM: InBev gets rating boost
InBev's rating has been increased by two brokers.
ING has this week upgraded the brewer to 'buy' from 'hold', while maintaining a target price of EUR41.64.
"The chance of a deal for the InBev US brands is increasing, the crucial Brazilian results should remain strong, and the European results are heading for acceleration," ING analyst Gerard Rijk said in a note to clients.
InBev is producing positive news, Rijk added, noting that the share price had been disproportionately hit by recent weaknesses on emerging markets. The sale of Rolling Rock to Anheuser-Busch earlier this month was also cause for praise from Rijk.
Dresdner Kleinwort Wasserstein, meanwhile, has upped InBev to 'add' from 'hold', saying that recent selling was unjustified. While InBev's shares have suffered from emerging market worries, DKW said, there is no evidence of a slowdown in underlying trading in the emerging markets of Brazil and Russia.
The broker also raised its EPS forecast for this year, to EUR2.29 from EUR2.21, and to EUR2.54 from EUR2.47 for 2007.
As managing director of SABMiller's European division. Alan Clark has a diverse group of markets in his charge, including Russia, Italy, the Canary Islands and Romania. In the second part of this mont...
SABMiller has made up ground on its rival Anheuser-Busch in the developing Chinese beer market over the past two years. But, writes Dean Best, both companies will have to take the long-term view as th...
InBev is to end its long-running sponsorship of film programming on UK television station Channel 4....
Anheuser-Busch has rolled out a wheat- and gluten-free beer in the US....
Chinese beer maker Tsingtao Brewery said today (21 December) that its state-owned controlling shareholder plans to switch its stake in the brewer to another unit under a share reform plan....
InBev has reportedly finalised the sale of German brewer Dinkelacker-Schwaben Bräu....
Anheuser-Busch is to end its long-running sponsorship of one of NASCAR's flagship series in the US....
InBev is outsourcing its business and application services in Central and Eastern Europe....
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- SABMiller's Q1 sales performance by region - Focus
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- A snapshot of the UK spirits market - Focus
- Diageo appoints new Smirnoff head
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends