GERMANY: InBev finalises Dinkelacker sale
InBev has reportedly finalised the sale of German brewer Dinkelacker-Schwaben Bräu.
Last month, the Belgian brewing giant told just-drinks that it was close to sealing an agreement with the former owner of the Stuttgart-based brewer.
A report in German newspaper Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung yesterday (20 December) said the sale to Wolfgang Dinckelacker had been agreed. Financial details were undisclosed.
Officials at InBev Deutschland could not be reached for comment as just-drinks went to press.
InBev is looking to cut costs from its German business as it looks to revitalise its operations in a tough market.
Last month, InBev said its sales in Germany fell by 1.5% during the third quarter of the year. In the last 12 months, InBev has also sold its Zwickau and Wolters breweries in Germany.
The brewer, which owns German brands including Beck's and Franziskaner, is the second-largest beer maker in Germany behind Radeberger.
Heineken is targeting strong export potential from its newly-acquired brewery in the Czech Republic....
Labatt is set to open its new US headquarters....
Heineken has acquired a brewery in the Czech Republic....
Radeberger Gruppe, Germany's largest brewer, has posted a strong start to the year, but warned that this performance may struggle throughout the rest of the year....
Anheuser-Busch has admitted that it has suffered "supply disruptions" to the InBev portfolio in the US....
InBev has defended itself against charges that it has unfavourably changed payment terms in the UK for its suppliers in the country....
InBev has remained silent amid claims that a merger between the brewer and Anheuser-Busch is "inevitable"....
The possible privatisation of a brewery in Belarus has a slew of global brewers pondering a purchase, according to reports....
- Why did Mast-Jägermeister buy Sidney Frank?
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard's FY fiscal-2015 - Preview
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research