BELGIUM: InBev extends Quinsa share bid
AmBev has extended the period of its offer to buy the remaining shares in Argentina-based brewer Quinsa.
Belgium-based brewing giant InBev, which owns AmBev, announced the extension of the offer today (27 February).
InBev, the world's largest beer maker by volume, said the offer period was being extended to give shareholders the opportunity to review Quinsa's annual results, which will be published this week.
Earlier this month, a minority investor in Quinsa complained to the company over AmBev's plans to snaffle up the shares. Private equity firm Duma Capital Partners said that it was not satisfied with the handling of AmBev's offer to outstanding shareholders.
The offer has been made through Beverage Associates Holding, a Bahamian corporation and a wholly-owned subsidiary of AmBev.
AmBev already owns around 97% of the voting interests and around 91% of the economic interests in Quinsa.
The global market for premium beer is set for further strong growth over the coming six years, according to a recent report published by just-drinks, but there will be marked variations in the growth ...
InBev has stayed silent on recent media speculation that Raja Mukerji will join its joint venture with RJ Corp in India....
The board of Companhia de Bebidas das Americas (Ambev) has approved a share buyback program....
Quinsa has posted a strong set of figures for the first half of this year....
Companhia de Bebidas das Americas (AmBev) has reported a strong second quarter with consolidated EBITDA reaching BRL1.848bn (US$958m), a rise of 16.5% on the back of another solid performance by it Br...
Heineken has been given the all-clear to acquire Krusovice Brewery in the Czech Republic....
The Boston Beer Company is to buy a brewery from Diageo in the US....
Quilmes Industrial has revealed a small drop in the number of shares in the company....
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's H1 performance by region - Focus
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Forget Baby Boomers at your peril - Consumer Trend
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Pernod Ricard targets US through unit, exec switch
- William Grant & Sons' Ailsa Bay - NPD
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research