UK: InBev extends Beck's family
InBev is aiming to introduce what it calls "a premium dimension" to the standard lager segment in the UK with the upcoming launch of Beck's Vier.
Beck's Vier - a 4% ABV version of InBev's global flagship brand Beck's - will hit the UK on-trade on 4 April.
InBev UK, the brewing giant's local subsidiary, said it would spend GBP4m (US$7m) on the launch of Beck's Vier, a third of the total UK marketing spend behind Beck's this year.
The brewer said the brand would be positioned at the "top end" of the standard lager segment to encourage drinkers to trade up.
Richard Ingram, InBev UK's marketing manager for Beck's, said: "We see a real opportunity to develop a new brand with premium proposition within the standard lager sector.
"Beck's is a well-known brand with a premium image and taste. The trials have shown that Beck's Vier has drawn on these credentials to grow value and margin within standard lager, as well as increase total lager sales.
In trials, Ingram added, some 70% of standard lager drinkers were prepared to trade up and pay 30p extra for a pint of Beck's Vier than its competitors in the segment.
InBev UK officials failed to return requests for further comment as just-drinks went to press.
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
InBev has extended the deadline for the receipt of acceptances for the recommended offers of USD33.41 in cash for the remaining shares and Securities that it does not already own in SUN Interbrew (SIL...
InBev said yesterday that its General Shareholders Meeting of April 26, 2005 approved the annual accounts 2004, as well as the gross dividend of €0.39 proposed by the board of directors....
InBev, the world's largest brewer by volume, said it has achieved overall organic volume growth of 4.1% in the first quarter of 2005, to 47.3m hectolitres, despite tough conditions in the US and Weste...
Stella Artois is to launch a new global advertising campaign, according to press reports....
InBev has sold its majority stake in Bosnia's Uniline brewery, according to local reports....
InBev has made an offer to acquire the remaining minority interests in its Russian business SUN Interbrew Ltd (SIL) that it doesn't own, at a price of US$33.41 in cash per security....
The Bosnian government has put a majority stake in the country's brewery Banjalucka Pivara up for sale. Previous efforts to privatise the brewer have failed....
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Constellation sells Canadian wine unit for US$761m
- US craft spirits could be as big as craft beer
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020