UK: InBev ends Stella TV film sponsorship
InBev is to end its long-running sponsorship of film programming on UK television station Channel 4.
The sponsorship has linked one of InBev's flagship brands, Stella Artois, to the station's film output for eight years.
An InBev UK spokesperson declined to comment on why the brewer had decided to end its association with Channel 4.
However, she said today (22 December): "The brand is facing new and different challenges going forward and the company is investing in fresh and innovative ways of enhancing its link with film going into 2007 and beyond.
"It is important that a brand like Stella Artois remains at the cutting edge of marketing activity and doesn't stand still."
This summer, for instance, InBev launched its Stella Studio campaign, which saw the screening of films outdoors in a London park.
Heineken is targeting strong export potential from its newly-acquired brewery in the Czech Republic....
Labatt is set to open its new US headquarters....
Heineken has acquired a brewery in the Czech Republic....
Anheuser-Busch has admitted that it has suffered "supply disruptions" to the InBev portfolio in the US....
InBev has defended itself against charges that it has unfavourably changed payment terms in the UK for its suppliers in the country....
InBev has remained silent amid claims that a merger between the brewer and Anheuser-Busch is "inevitable"....
The possible privatisation of a brewery in Belarus has a slew of global brewers pondering a purchase, according to reports....
The distribution of Guinness in France is returning to Kronenbourg/Scottish and Newcastle, ending a five-year stint with InBev....
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- Anheuser-Busch to cut 60 bottling jobs
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review