UK: InBev ends Stella TV film sponsorship
InBev is to end its long-running sponsorship of film programming on UK television station Channel 4.
The sponsorship has linked one of InBev's flagship brands, Stella Artois, to the station's film output for eight years.
An InBev UK spokesperson declined to comment on why the brewer had decided to end its association with Channel 4.
However, she said today (22 December): "The brand is facing new and different challenges going forward and the company is investing in fresh and innovative ways of enhancing its link with film going into 2007 and beyond.
"It is important that a brand like Stella Artois remains at the cutting edge of marketing activity and doesn't stand still."
This summer, for instance, InBev launched its Stella Studio campaign, which saw the screening of films outdoors in a London park.
Heineken is targeting strong export potential from its newly-acquired brewery in the Czech Republic....
Labatt is set to open its new US headquarters....
Heineken has acquired a brewery in the Czech Republic....
Anheuser-Busch has admitted that it has suffered "supply disruptions" to the InBev portfolio in the US....
InBev has defended itself against charges that it has unfavourably changed payment terms in the UK for its suppliers in the country....
InBev has remained silent amid claims that a merger between the brewer and Anheuser-Busch is "inevitable"....
The possible privatisation of a brewery in Belarus has a slew of global brewers pondering a purchase, according to reports....
The distribution of Guinness in France is returning to Kronenbourg/Scottish and Newcastle, ending a five-year stint with InBev....
- The End of the Road for International Beer Brands?
- Comment - Another One Bites Bacardi's Dust
- Allegro: The shape of things to come at Pernod?
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- US craft vodka puts squeeze on Pernod's Absolut
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Pernod bemoans tough FY as sales, profits drop
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Bacardi announces CFO switch
- SABMiller exec to become CFO at Beam Suntory