UK: InBev denies Boddingtons revamp plan
InBev UK has moved to quash reports that it is looking to relaunch ale brand Boddingtons.
The company, the local arm of brewing giant InBev, said today (29 March) that it has "no plans" to revamp the brand.
A report in the UK's Marketing magazine had claimed that InBev was looking to repackage Boddingtons and had briefed design agencies on its plans. InBev UK, however, swiftly denied those claims.
Boddingtons, which was first brewed in Manchester in 1778, has an abv content of 3.8% and 4.1% in cask.
In 2004, InBev decided to close the Boddingtons brewery in Manchester due largely to falling sales of cask ales in the UK.
Coca-Cola Enterprises has recruited a senior executive at InBev to head up its European group....
SABMiller has said that it expects the Chinese beer brand Snow, in which it owns a 49% share, to become the second biggest beer brand in the world this year....
SUN InBev has announced a new campaign of social advertising to help tackle drunk driving in Russia....
InBev has launched an on-trade promotion for the Beck's Vier brand in the UK aimed at tapping into the popularity of its Beck's Fusions music events....
InBev has unveiled a "revolutionary, cinematic" update of the global website for its Stella Artois brand....
SABMiller has been forced to pull a television advert in the UK after a complainant suggested the ad would appeal to under 18-year-olds....
InBev has been reprimanded in the UK for inferring that its Artois range of beers is family-owned....
InBev has said it is hoping to catch up its competitors in China through its recent executive changes in the country. The brewer said yesterday (17 September) that the current zone president for North...
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Constellation sells Canadian wine unit for US$761m
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Pernod Ricard cheers US move to ease Cuban limits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020