ROMANIA: InBev buys out EBI to gain third brewer
InBev has gained full control of a third brewery in Romania after buying out joint venture Efes Breweries International in the Interbrew Efes brewery.
The Belgian brewing giant said yesterday (29 May) that it had paid EBI around EUR20.79m (US$26.8m) for the 50% stake in Interbrew Efes. The two brewers set up the joint venture in 2000 and the deal gives InBev a third brewery in Romania.
An InBev spokesperson told just-drinks that the deal was "an important step" for the company's plans to expand in Romania.
Goldman Sachs has raised its price target for the global brewer InBev....
Foster's Group today (24 November) said it was "unaware" of any reasons behind the surge in its share price yesterday....
InBev has refused to be drawn on fresh speculation in Australia that it is interested in buying Foster's Group....
InBev is looking to close the sale of another of its breweries in Germany by the end of the year....
The Polish subsidiary of SABMiller is set to pump US$100m into upgrading all three of its breweries....
Coca-Cola Co. has refused to be drawn on comments from a senior US beverage industry analyst that it could table a takeover bid for its largest bottler Coca-Cola Enterprises....
AmBev is about to launch a share buyback programme....
Brewing giant InBev has dismissed accusations that Belgian executives are being pushed out of the company in favour of managers from Latin American unit AmBev. InBev, which was formed in a 2004 merger...
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Can fruit cider survive UK slowdown? - Focus
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part II
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- UK spirits producers braced for Brexit impact
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends