BELGIUM: InBev appoints chief commercial officer
InBev has appointed Steve Cahillane as chief commercial officer, effective August 1st. Steve succeeds Brent Willis, who was recently named zone president Asia Pacific.
Steve Cahillane joined InBev in 1999, serving as president Labatt USA from 2001 until 2003, and most recently holding the position of business unit president for Interbrew UK and Ireland. He has more than ten years of experience in the alcohol-beverage industry, including General Manager of The Coors Distribution Company.
John Brock, CEO for InBev, said: "I look forward to working closely with Steve, as we continue to develop our global commercial strategy and take InBev from biggest to best. His extensive experience in our industry, including the years spent running his own company, will serve him well in his new position, as well as in his role as a member of the executive board of management."
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
Interbrew UK has launched a new advertising campaign for Leffe....
Cobra Beer has launched an alcohol-free beer in South Africa, the UK and in its European and Asian export markets....
InBev has sold its majority stake in Bosnia's Uniline brewery, according to local reports....
InBev has made an offer to acquire the remaining minority interests in its Russian business SUN Interbrew Ltd (SIL) that it doesn't own, at a price of US$33.41 in cash per security....
San Miguel Brewery Hong Kong has secured a deal to distribute InBev's products in the city and neighbouring Macau....
Investment bank Goldman Sachs has restarted coverage of InBev. It has given the world's largest brewer by volume an "outperform" rating....
InBev, is to close its Labatt's Toronto brewery by the end of the year, with repercussions for some 265 employees. ...
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- just the Ten - Top News Stories of 2014
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future