CHINA: InBev acquires rest of Hunan Brewery
InBev today said it is acquiring the remaining 45% interest in Hunan Debier Brewery Company Co. Ltd., located in Hunan province, China, for a cash consideration of US$18.2m.
The company said the transaction is part of its ongoing integration process of the Lion Group Breweries, which it acquired earlier this year. The transaction is expected to close by year end 2004.
InBev currently has two breweries in the Eastern Chinese province of Hunan (66.6 m inhabitants), the Hunan Debier Brewery in the city of Changsha and Zhuzhou Debier Brewery Co. Ltd in the city of Zhuzhou.
Both breweries were acquired as part of the transaction with the Malaysian Lion Group, which sold its China brewery operations to InBev at the beginning of this year.
As part of that transaction, InBev acquired 55% of the Hunan Debier Brewery. Today InBev announces the acquisition of the remaining 45% from Changsha Baisha Brewery Limited Liability Company.
This transaction was completed at an EV/EBITDA multiple of 7.7x and at an EV/hl multiple of Euro29. Management expects this acquisition to be EPS accretive to InBev, from 2005 before goodwill amortization.
"With this acquisition, Interbrew China has reinforced its position in Hunan, further illustrating its commitment to the province," says Patrice Thys, president InBev Asia Pacific Zone. "We are very pleased with the support we have received from the local government."
"We are delighted to see Interbrew's strong commitment in the Hunan market through this transaction," says Mayor Tan of Changsha Government. "Interbrew shall receive full support from the Changsha Government for its investments in Changsha going forward."
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
InBev, the world's largest brewer by volume, said it has achieved overall organic volume growth of 4.1% in the first quarter of 2005, to 47.3m hectolitres, despite tough conditions in the US and Weste...
Interbrew is launching its most aggressive consumer drive yet for its Stella Artois this summer. The company said that its 2005 marketing activity will be spearheaded by a value-added consumer promoti...
Interbrew UK has launched a new advertising campaign for Leffe....
Stella Artois is to launch a new global advertising campaign, according to press reports....
InBev has sold its majority stake in Bosnia's Uniline brewery, according to local reports....
InBev has made an offer to acquire the remaining minority interests in its Russian business SUN Interbrew Ltd (SIL) that it doesn't own, at a price of US$33.41 in cash per security....
The Bosnian government has put a majority stake in the country's brewery Banjalucka Pivara up for sale. Previous efforts to privatise the brewer have failed....
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- How has craft beer put the squeeze on world beers?
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Consumers want brands that challenge them - study
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Heineken signs JV deal in Philippines
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends