FRANCE: INAO approves regional Languedoc AOC
The French wine appellations body, the INAO, has approved the transformation of the Languedoc AOC with its production area enlarged to include all of the AOC appellations in Languedoc Roussillon.
The creation of a regional appellation has been driven for the past 18 months or so by the four Languedoc wine trade bodies that have formed the Inter Sud France federation.
The AOC Languedoc is one of the pillars of a more simplified offering for the region's wines, especially for exports. The move one also sees the creation of a common brand - "Sud de France" or South of France.
The news that Yves Bénard is the front-runner for the top job at the INAO is good news for reformers in the French wine industry....
With the latest announcement of the new director of INAO (Institut national de l'origine et de la qualité) as Marion Zalay, all key posts are now filled....
Coming up at this year's London International Wine & Spirits Fair…...
Faced with growing demand and limited supply, Champagne growers are mulling extending the existing production hectarage by just under 10%....
Yves Bénard, general director of the wine and champagne division of LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton, has today (12 February) been appointed to lead the INAO (Institut National de l'Origine et de la q...
A new-style Armagnac will be on offer to consumers in France this year....
Inter Rhône has appointed an export manager for the UK....
The general director of the wine and Champagne division of LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton looks to be the front runner to take charge of the Institut National de l'Origine et de la qualité....
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- It's not all bad for Diageo - Analysis
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Tesco pulls small carton-size Ribena, Rubicon, Cap
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research