FRANCE: INAO approves four more appellations
The French wine appellations body, the INAO, has approved four new appellations.
The INAO said late last week that it has cleared the creation of two new appellations and extended two existing ones.
The new AOCs, Orléans and Orléans-Cléry, are situated in the Loire valley. Orléans is the larger area and will cover red, rosé and white wines with Pinot and Chardonnay the flagship varietals. Orléans-Cléry will produce only red wine and have Cabernet Franc as its signature grape.
Of the two extended appellations, Chaume will become a distinct region outside the existing AOC of Coteaux du Lyon.
Meanwhile, Pézenas will become a new denomination of the Coteaux de Languedoc AOC, which itself will be extended to cover Collioure, Côtes du Roussillon, Corbières, Cabardès, Limoux and Minervois.
The INAO hopes the extension will be a first step towards creating a regional Languedoc AOC.
The news that Yves Bénard is the front-runner for the top job at the INAO is good news for reformers in the French wine industry....
Yves Bénard, general director of the wine and champagne division of LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton, has today (12 February) been appointed to lead the INAO (Institut National de l'Origine et de la q...
A new-style Armagnac will be on offer to consumers in France this year....
Inter Rhône has appointed an export manager for the UK....
The general director of the wine and Champagne division of LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton looks to be the front runner to take charge of the Institut National de l'Origine et de la qualité....
Four wine co-ops in France's Midi-Pyrénées region have teamed up to form Vinovalie - some 600 growers cultivating 4,500 hectares of vineyards and producing 350,000 hectolitres of AOC and Vins de Pays ...
Bordeaux winemakers have unanimously rejected French government proposals to split the existing AOC category in two....
A Côtes du Rhône wine co-operative has been slapped with a fine for fraud....
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much Needed Stability?
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- A Dangerous World and the Threat to Beverages
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- SABMiller beer volumes fall as China holds back Q3
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future