US: Illinois gets Trump vodka early
Drinks Americas Holdings has brought forward the launch of its super-premium vodka Trump in the state of Illinois.
The company, which secured the use of US business magnate Donald Trump's name on the vodka two years ago, said today (3 January) that the vodka, distributed by Union Beverage, is now available in Illinois. The vodka was due to hit Chicago at the end of this month, ahead of a national roll-out across the US over the next two months.
"We moved the introduction date up based on retailer and consumer demand," said Patrick Kenny, CEO of Drinks Americas. "We fully expect the brand's momentum to continue in the Chicago market and know that Union will do a great job distributing the brand."
"Illinois is one of the top five states for vodka consumption and a huge opportunity for Trump," he added.
"Union Beverage believes that Trump vodka, branded with one of the most recognisable names in the world, will be one of the most successful new product spirit launches in 2007," said Derek Holmes, vice president general sales manager of Union Beverage.
There has rarely been dull moment in recent years for anyone concerned with Stolichnaya, with a long-running rights dispute over the brand name, a switch to bottling the brand outside Russia and the t...
With interest surrounding the likely sale of Swedish spirits producer V&S Group growing by the day, there could be no better time to look at the company's flagship vodka brand Absolut and the opportun...
Constellation Brands' first-quarter profit has dropped 64%, while shares rose 4.2% beating analysts' predictions....
Castle Brands has reported a leap in sales volumes and value for its full year, although increased costs lead to deeper losses for the company over the 12 months....
New Zealand vodka maker 42 Below has appointed a managing director into a newly-created role....
Drinks Americas Holdings has tied up with the world's largest music company to market new products jointly....
Diageo has confirmed its interest in buying Vin & Sprit, the makers of Absolut vodka....
Fior Brands, the UK distribution joint venture set up by Gruppo Campari and Morrison Bowmore Distillers, is to close and move its portfolio to independent distributor Cellar Trends....
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- CCE head shines light on price talks
- Interview: Head brewer at Hall & Woodhouse
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- A-B InBev "regrets" Bud Light bottle message
- Diageo teams Johnnie Walker up with Entourage
- MEPs call for calorie, ingredient facts on alcohol
- Bacardi opens Dewar’s Travel Retail whisky store
- Pernod readies Avion Tequila US sweepstake
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research