UK: Iceni Waters ties up sports sponsorship extensions
It will be the second consecutive year Iceni has sponsored the teams
Iceni Water has extended its partnership with two UK sports following the success of the London Olympics.
The company's natural mineral water brand will be the official water supplier to the GB and England hockey teams and the England badminton squad throughout 2013, it said yesterday (24 January). Iceni, founded in 2007 by the Hong Kong-based firm Cheung Kong Infrastructure, will also set up a branded hockey programme giving equipment to clubs in the UK, it said.
It is the second consecutive year Iceni has sponsored the teams, with the partnerships running through last year's Olympics.
No financial details of the agreement were disclosed.
Bottled water has come in for criticism in the US recently. Earlier this month, a town in Massachusetts banned the sale of water in PET bottles smaller than one litre to cut waste and encourage the use of tap water.
- Pernod Ricard's Q3 2017 trading update - Preview
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- How soft drinks brands manage to offend consumers
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Remy Cointreau Fiscal-2017 sales - results data
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- William Grant snaps up Tuthilltown Spirits in US
- TWE's Beringer Main & Vine Dry Rosé - NPD
- Edrington shifts innovation to US in shake-up
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020