ICELAND: Icelandic Water Holdings appoints CEO
Icelandic Water Holdings, producer of Icelandic Glacial, has appointed John Sheppard as CEO, with effect from 12 March.
Sheppard joins the company directly from private investment firm Emigrant Capital, where he served as executive partner and was chairman of the company's food and beverage portfolio.
Prior to this, Sheppard had a 19-year stint with The Coca-Cola Company, rising from director of business development to president of Coca-Cola's European division and vice president of Coca-Cola International.
Sheppard will take over from Jon Olafsson, Icelandic Water Holdings co-founder and current CEO, who will continue as chairman of the company.
"In the last three years we have successfully established our brand in the highly competitive US marketplace and secured nationwide distribution for our product," said Jon Olafsson, co-founder and chairman, Icelandic Water Holdings.
"With our primary goal complete, we are embarking on a new phase, requiring a beverage industry leader with a track record of delivering results on a global scale to take the company to the next level."
Environmental concerns have climbed steadily up the agenda for soft drinks producers in recent years. However, Annette Farr writes, progress has been faster in the UK than in the US....
Soft drink giant Coca-Cola Co. and its Mexican bottling partners are to invest US$5bn in Mexico during the next five years, Coca-Cola Co CEO Muhtar Kent said yesterday (20 August)....
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Scottish Independence and Scotch Whisky
- Can the New World Learn a Lesson from the Old?
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Diageo's Special Releases 2014
- SABMiller, Heineken silent on takeover offer talk