ICELAND: Icelandic Glacial take to air with NetJets
Icelandic Water Holdings has secured a listing for its Icelandic Glacial water brand with business jet operator NetJets Europe.
The exclusive, three-year in-flight agreement, announced yesterday (8 December), will see the mineral water brand offered in 1-litre and 330ml bottles on all NetJets Europe flights, which operate out of over 870 airports across the continent.
Financial details of the tie-up were not disclosed.
"As a premium, natural mineral water brand we are proud to be aligned with such a high calibre business jet operator," said Jon Olafsson, chairman and CEO, Icelandic Glacial.
In September, Icelandic Water Holdings opened a new facility in Iceland, in a bid to increase its production capacity from 5,000 to 30,000 bottles per hour. The 71,668sq ft bottling facility, based in Hlidarendi, joins the company's existing plant in Thorlakshofn and operates entirely on geothermal and hydroelectric power, according to the company.
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- US craft spirits could be as big as craft beer
- AB InBev fund ZX Ventures buys homebrew co
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends