CANADA: Iceberg vodka in distribution deal
The owner of vodka brand Iceberg has appointed a national agent for its brand in Canada.
Canadian Iceberg Vodka Corporation, also based in Canada, confirmed late last week that Diamond Estates Wines & Spirits will sell and market Iceberg in the country. The distributor said it expects to shift around 100,000 cases of Iceberg vodka in the market this year.
"Iceberg Vodka is a natural fit in our ever-expanding national spirits portfolio," said Murray Marshall, Diamond Estates' president. "The brand is one that truly represents a successful Canadian-produced vodka that has grown to become a consumer favourite in Canada."
David Sacks, president of Canadian Iceberg Vodka Corporation, added: "Diamond Estates is an award-winning agency that has a tremendous reputation for increasing national brand awareness and market share in the spirit brand industry. We are delighted they will be handling the national sales and marketing efforts for Iceberg vodka."
Among the drinks brands represented by Diamond Estates in Canada are Hpnotiq, Patron Tequila and Kendall-Jackson wines.
Given how many times the position of chief executive of Constellation Europe has changed hands recently, and the problems the company has faced in the crucial UK market, the more cynical observers mig...
There has rarely been dull moment in recent years for anyone concerned with Stolichnaya, with a long-running rights dispute over the brand name, a switch to bottling the brand outside Russia and the t...
With interest surrounding the likely sale of Swedish spirits producer V&S Group growing by the day, there could be no better time to look at the company's flagship vodka brand Absolut and the opportun...
The chief of Pernod Ricard's Stolichnaya partner is the subject of an arrest warrant in his native Russia....
Liquor auctions have been legalised in New York....
Angostura has launched its first new bitters for nearly 200 years....
Premium vodka brand Grey Goose has announced that it is to be a promotional partner of the 2007 US Open Tennis Championship, to be held later this summer at Flushing Meadows, New York....
Boosted by the performance of its vodka and whiskey brands, Castle Brands has reported first quarter net sales of US$5.6m, a 3% increase over the prior year quarter....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Baijius brand value overtakes whisk(e)y - figures
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends