US/CANADA: Ice River Springs agrees Arrowhead Water acquisition
Ice River Springs Water is to buy the assets of Canada's Arrowhead Water for US$1.65m.
The Canadian spring water bottler took over Arrowhead's 15-litre bottling operations in November and is now exercising a previously announced Right of First Refusal Agreement, Arrowhead said yesterday (14 January). The deal should close on 15 February subject to regulatory approval, it added.
Ice River will continue to deliver Arrowhead's natural spring and reverse osmosis water to the Western Canadian retail and wholesale market, Arrowhead said.
Ice River is based in Shelbourne, Ontario, and operates ten plants in Canada and the US.
This story was updated at 2pm on 16 January to remove a line that said Arrowhead Water was owned by Nestle Waters. Arrowhead Water is a Canadian firm and not connected to Nestle Waters-owned Arrowhead in the US. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
In the final part of this month's management briefing, which looks at environmental sustainability in the soft drinks and bottled water sector, Ben Cooper considers the importance of connecting with c...
Belgian group Spadel has lined up the purchase of Eaux Minérales de Ribeauvillé (EMR), which produces the Carola bottled water brand, from Nestlé Waters France....
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Diageo's Johnnie Walker set for festive push in TR
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends