US/CANADA: Ice River Springs agrees Arrowhead Water acquisition
Ice River Springs Water is to buy the assets of Canada's Arrowhead Water for US$1.65m.
The Canadian spring water bottler took over Arrowhead's 15-litre bottling operations in November and is now exercising a previously announced Right of First Refusal Agreement, Arrowhead said yesterday (14 January). The deal should close on 15 February subject to regulatory approval, it added.
Ice River will continue to deliver Arrowhead's natural spring and reverse osmosis water to the Western Canadian retail and wholesale market, Arrowhead said.
Ice River is based in Shelbourne, Ontario, and operates ten plants in Canada and the US.
This story was updated at 2pm on 16 January to remove a line that said Arrowhead Water was owned by Nestle Waters. Arrowhead Water is a Canadian firm and not connected to Nestle Waters-owned Arrowhead in the US. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
In the final part of this month's management briefing, which looks at environmental sustainability in the soft drinks and bottled water sector, Ben Cooper considers the importance of connecting with c...
Belgian group Spadel has lined up the purchase of Eaux Minérales de Ribeauvillé (EMR), which produces the Carola bottled water brand, from Nestlé Waters France....
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- What do Brewers need from the UK Government?
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Diageo ditches Shui Jing Fang plans in China
- William Grant partners Rugby World Cup
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- MillerCoors changes CMOs with immediate effect
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research