US: ICAP appoints Pernod Ricard exec as chairman
The International Center for Alcohol Policies (ICAP) has appointed a new chairman.
The Washington-based not-for-profit organisation said today (14 January) that Rick Connor, vice president of International public affairs at Pernod Ricard since February 2002, will assume the position for the next two years. Connor, who was previously the group's vice-chairman, replaces Barton Alexander, the global vice president of alcohol policy and corporate responsibility at Molson Coors, as chairman.
The chairman post at ICAP carries a fixed two-year tenure.
Established in 1995 to promote global public and private partnership in the area of alcohol policy, ICAP is supported by 10 major international beverage companies, including Brown-Forman, Diageo, Pernod Ricard and Heineken.
After four years at the helm at Drambuie, Phil Parnell has led the one-brand company on a turnaround of healthy proportions. As the global recession takes hold, Olly Wehring quizzed him on the secrets...
Last month, ex-Brown-Forman exec David Cox became Europe director for New Zealand Winegrowers. He spoke with Chris Mercer about what attracted him to working for a generic body and about New Zealand's...
Pernod Ricard UK has launched the latest phase of its Accept Responsibility campaign focusing on binge drinking....
Irish Distillers, a subsidiary of Pernod Ricard, has secured an injunction against picketers threatening to disrupt operations at its Jameson whiskey distillery in Midleton, County Cork....
French spirits body Fédération Française des Spiritueux has named Jean-Pierre Lacarrière as its new president....
Pernod Ricard has launched a limited edition package for its Chivas Regal Scotch whisky brand....
Pernod Ricard has lined up a limited edition bottle for its Malibu flavoured rum brand in the US....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
- Heineken goes from strength to strength - Analysis
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Heineken 2012-2016 - results data
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt II
- Beam Suntory revamps Bowmore whisky packaging
- Non-alcoholic Heineken set to hit Europe - CEO
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Rum braced for falling volumes in years ahead
- Asahi Group lifts 2016 sales, profits
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends