US: IBHL releases Mekhong in US
Mekhong, a premium, rum-like spirit from Thailand, is being launched in the US by International Beverage Holdings USA.
The company, part of ThaiBev which owns the Mekhong brand, is to be the importer of Mekhong and is supporting the US introduction of the super-premium brand with a marketing and promotional push in the US on-trade. The company said the campaign centered on 13 new Mekhong cocktail recipes, POS materials and launch events in New York and Los Angeles.
The company said that the 35% abv spirit, which is made mostly from sugar cane, rice and infused herbs and spices was developed to "complement the taste and flavour of Thai food" and take advantage of the US cocktail culture.
IBHL USA president John Lennon said: "Peru has its Pisco, Mexico its Tequila and Brazil its Cachaca. Mekhong, which has long been the pride of Thailand, will quickly find its place here in the US and enjoyed by the American market."
In the US, the Mekhong brand will be available in a 750ml international bottle with a red and gold ribbon tied around the neck of each bottle as a symbol of good luck.
IBHL USA is one of five global regional offices of International Beverage Holdings, which has been established as ThaiBev's international arm.
Fortune Brands has seen sales at its Beam Global Spirits & Wine division flatten in the first nine months of this year, as operating profit fell by over a half at the group....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Spirits importer Central Texas Spirits, Inc. has lined up the launch of three Tequilas from El Gran Jubileo in the US later this month....
Bacardi Brown-Forman Brands has announced the 'soft launch' of premium Fijian rum brand, Seven Tiki....
Independent wine and beer importer PLB Group has been appointed UK agent for rum producer Matusalem with immediate effect....
The Edrington Group is to introduce its Caribbean rum brand, Brugal to the UK on-trade this month....
Alcoholic drinks pouches sold under the ShotPak brand are to be removed from sale in the UK because they are likely to encourage underage and excessive drinking....
Beam Global Spirits & Wine is looking to boost its presence in the US cocktail market, after signing a new partnership with UK supplier funkin....
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Has Diet Coke passed its sell-by date? - Comment
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- This week in wine & spirits on just-drinks
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Pernod Ricard wins Ron Matusalem 'Cuba' legal row
- Spirits volumes slide in Global Travel Retail
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages