US: IBHL releases Mekhong in US
Mekhong, a premium, rum-like spirit from Thailand, is being launched in the US by International Beverage Holdings USA.
The company, part of ThaiBev which owns the Mekhong brand, is to be the importer of Mekhong and is supporting the US introduction of the super-premium brand with a marketing and promotional push in the US on-trade. The company said the campaign centered on 13 new Mekhong cocktail recipes, POS materials and launch events in New York and Los Angeles.
The company said that the 35% abv spirit, which is made mostly from sugar cane, rice and infused herbs and spices was developed to "complement the taste and flavour of Thai food" and take advantage of the US cocktail culture.
IBHL USA president John Lennon said: "Peru has its Pisco, Mexico its Tequila and Brazil its Cachaca. Mekhong, which has long been the pride of Thailand, will quickly find its place here in the US and enjoyed by the American market."
In the US, the Mekhong brand will be available in a 750ml international bottle with a red and gold ribbon tied around the neck of each bottle as a symbol of good luck.
IBHL USA is one of five global regional offices of International Beverage Holdings, which has been established as ThaiBev's international arm.
Fortune Brands has seen sales at its Beam Global Spirits & Wine division flatten in the first nine months of this year, as operating profit fell by over a half at the group....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Spirits importer Central Texas Spirits, Inc. has lined up the launch of three Tequilas from El Gran Jubileo in the US later this month....
Bacardi Brown-Forman Brands has announced the 'soft launch' of premium Fijian rum brand, Seven Tiki....
Independent wine and beer importer PLB Group has been appointed UK agent for rum producer Matusalem with immediate effect....
The Edrington Group is to introduce its Caribbean rum brand, Brugal to the UK on-trade this month....
Alcoholic drinks pouches sold under the ShotPak brand are to be removed from sale in the UK because they are likely to encourage underage and excessive drinking....
Beam Global Spirits & Wine is looking to boost its presence in the US cocktail market, after signing a new partnership with UK supplier funkin....
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo's FY performance by region - Focus
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- Diageo sets sights on alcohol-alternative trends
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Brexit "not a big deal" for Scotch - Diageo CEO
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends