SPAIN: Ibersuizas buys El Alcazar from Heineken
Spanish investment firm Ibersuizas has bought El Alcazar from Heineken for EUR10m (US$14.3m), an Ibersuizas official confirmed yesterday (18 October).
The purchased was executed via Ibersuizas' Bartlett Capital division.
Ibersuizas will only purchase the El Alcazar brand, which has a stronghold in the city of Jaen (Andalusia) in southern Spain, the official said. Heineken will continue to make the beer, he added.
In 1999, Spanish competition authorities ordered the Dutch beer giant to sell El Alcazar before approving the merger of its Cruz Campo and El Aguila main Spanish labels.
The official, who requested anonymity, would not reveal Ibersuizas' strategy for El Alcazar but market sources said the firm wants to expand the label to the national market.
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week included stories from Beam Global, The UB Group, LVMH, Danone SABMiller and Heineken....
Heineken shareholders have approved the acquisition by Sunrise Acquisitions, a company jointly owned by Heineken and Carlsberg for the entire share capital of Scottish & Newcastle....
The European Union has made a plea to the alcoholic drinks industry to stop targeting young people and minors in marketing campaigns....
The head of United Breweries has said that there "shouldn't be any roadblocks" in his company's negotiations with Heineken over a stake in the Indian company....
Heineken has stayed silent on rumours it is in talks with Belarus' Rechitsapivo brewery over potentially taking a controlling stake....
Heineken has clarified claims that it expects this year's revenue growth in Russia to be lower than last year as inaccurate....
Heineken has announced its intention to buy the beverage division of Swiss company Eichhof Holding....
The Irish Competition Authority (ICA) has confirmed the timescale under which it will consider Heineken's Irish side of its acquisition of Scottish & Newcastle....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015