UK: Ian Macleod launches limited edition Glengoynes
Ian Macleod Distillers is adding three 70cl limited edition, single cask malts to its Glengoyne portfolio to coincide with the brand's 175th anniversary.
The limited edition 11 Year Old, 16 Year Old and 19 Year Old each have their own characteristics, the company said.
The malts are limited worldwide to 301 bottles of the 11 Year Old, 287 bottles of the 16 Year Old and 262 bottles of the 19 Year Old. UK recommended retail prices for the bottles start at GBP105 (US$165), GBP145 and GBP169 respectively.
Ian Macleod Distillers is also launching a Glengoyne 14 Year Old Heritage Gold for travel retail at TFWA in Cannes this week.
Heritage Gold will eventually replace the core range Glengoyne 10 Year Old in much of the travel retail market.
Iain Weir, marketing director for Ian Macleod Distillers, said: "Glengoyne 14 Year Old Heritage Gold reinforces our long term commitment to the travel retail sector."
The distiller said it plans to increase its travel retail sales from 8-10% of its overall business, developing "exclusive" travel retail products on an ongoing basis, the first of which were Glengoyne Burnfoot and Smokehead Extra Rare launched last year.
Ian Macleod Distillers has launched a super premium 18 Year Old whisky, Smokehead Extra Black, on the UK market....
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Key trends for beer in 2016 - Focus
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- The global beer category - The facts
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Asahi Group to buy Grolsch, Peroni from SABMiller
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research