Product Launch - UK: Ian Macleod Distillers' Tamdhu 10-Year-Old
Click through to view Ian Macleod Distillers' Tamdhu 10-Year-Old
Ian Macleod Distillers' Tamdhu 10-Year-Old
Category - Spirits, whisky, Scotch, single malt, 40% abv
Available - Since last Friday (3 May)
Location - UK, off-trade, in branches of Waitrose supermarkets
Price - SRP of GBP34 (US$53) per 70cl bottle
Ian Macleod Distillers has released the first label from its Tamdhu distillery, following its multi-million pound relaunch.
The 10-year-old single malt, aged in Sherry oak casks, will initially launch in the UK, with a global roll-out planned when more stock becomes available. The casks were stored by Edrington Group, which sold Tamdhu distillery to Ian Macleod in 2011 having mothballed the plant in 2010.
Ian Macleod plan to release older vintages once the current stock matures.
Last year, Ian Macleod said it wants to take Tamdhu into the export market, however at the launch of the 10-year-old at an event in Speyside on Friday, the company said limited stocks mean the expression will initially only be available in the UK. A company spokesperson said it will be rolled out into key global markets "over the next few months".
The UK division of Beam Inc is set to launch the biggest "through the line" campaign for its Sourz liqueur brand in the country, centred around a TV advert....
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Pernod Ricard allays Havana Club shortage fears
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research