Product Launch - UK: Ian Macleod Distillers' Tamdhu 10-Year-Old
Click through to view Ian Macleod Distillers' Tamdhu 10-Year-Old
Ian Macleod Distillers' Tamdhu 10-Year-Old
Category - Spirits, whisky, Scotch, single malt, 40% abv
Available - Since last Friday (3 May)
Location - UK, off-trade, in branches of Waitrose supermarkets
Price - SRP of GBP34 (US$53) per 70cl bottle
Ian Macleod Distillers has released the first label from its Tamdhu distillery, following its multi-million pound relaunch.
The 10-year-old single malt, aged in Sherry oak casks, will initially launch in the UK, with a global roll-out planned when more stock becomes available. The casks were stored by Edrington Group, which sold Tamdhu distillery to Ian Macleod in 2011 having mothballed the plant in 2010.
Ian Macleod plan to release older vintages once the current stock matures.
Last year, Ian Macleod said it wants to take Tamdhu into the export market, however at the launch of the 10-year-old at an event in Speyside on Friday, the company said limited stocks mean the expression will initially only be available in the UK. A company spokesperson said it will be rolled out into key global markets "over the next few months".
The UK division of Beam Inc is set to launch the biggest "through the line" campaign for its Sourz liqueur brand in the country, centred around a TV advert....
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Paddy Irish whiskey - The Facts
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Pernod in talks to sell Paddy whiskey to Sazerac
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carbonates in India
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US