UK: Ian Macleod Distillers signs deal with Scottish Racing
Ian Macleod Distillers has signed a deal for its Isle of Skye Scotch whisky to sponsor Scottish Racing.
Isle of Skye 8 Year Old blended Scotch will sponsor the Scottish Racing Trainers' Championship, as well as all five horse racing courses in Scotland - Ayr, Hamilton Park, Kelso, Musselburgh and Perth.
Isle of Skye will be stocked in bars at all of the courses, which welcome more than 300,000 visitors per year.
"The sponsorship of Scottish Racing will form a key part of our 2010, and beyond, marketing programme," said Iain Weir, marketing director for Ian Macleod Distillers.
The move strengthens Isle of Skye's ties with horse racing, with the brand having last month stepped up sponsorship of National Hunt racehorse trainer Lucinda Russell and her team at Arlary House Stables.
Isle of Skye will sit alongside other Ian Macleod brands - Glengoyne Highland single malt, London Hill gin and Watson's Trawler dark rum - in public bars at the five racecourses.
- PepsiCo to consider more re-franchising - CEO
- Cleaning China's seedier side brings Remy balance
- A tobacco analogy soft drinks will want to embrace
- just The Preview - SABMiller's Q1
- Focus - SABMiller's Q1 Performance by Region
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned
- Diageo faces public consultation over W&M sale
- William Grant silent on Drambuie bid talk
- Bacardi to fight US football team legal action
- Alcohol retailer group appoints new chairman