UK: Ian Macleod Distillers launches Smokehead Extra Black 18YO
Ian Macleod Distillers has launched a super premium 18 Year Old whisky, Smokehead Extra Black, on the UK market.
The limited edition Islay Single Malt carries a recommended retail price of GBP85.00 (US$123), Ian Macleod said today (23 March). The group has made 6,000 bottles available worldwide.
The whisky comes in a tapered frosted black bottle, imprinted with silver letterpress type, encased in a matt black flight case carrier with silver Smokehead logo.
"While many will choose to savour this Scotch whisky on its own, Smokehead Extra Black will also appeal to cocktail connoisseurs who wish to add a distinctive flavour to classics such as the Manhattan and the Whisky Sour," said the group.
Smokehead Extra Black will be available for UK distribution from through Harvey Miller Wine & Spirits Agencies (HMWSA). It will also be stocked worldwide through specialist retailers and travel retail.
Minimum pricing for alcohol is dividing both the drinks trade and the politicians, but last week's damning response from the Office of Fair Trading could mean the policy never sees the light of day....
Diageo has fought a successful public relations rearguard action to shut the door on alternatives to its proposed job cuts in Scotland....
Blavod Drinks has added a number of brands to its spirits portfolio, including the Islay malt whisky Bruichladdich....
Skyy Spirits, the subsidiary of Gruppo Campari, has re-packaged Irish Mist, the whisky liqueur it distributes and markets in the US....
Whyte & Mackay, the Scotch whisky group owned by India's United Spirits, may cut its deal to supply bulk Scotch whisky to Diageo in favour of more lucrative contracts with smaller distillers....
Whyte & Mackay is offering consumers the chance to have a Scotch whisky distilled to their personal tastes....
Fortune Brands, the owner of Beam Global Spirits & Wine, has said it is on-track to meet full-year earnings target....
BenRiach Distillery Co is to invest GBP7m in its GlenDronach Scotch whisky brand and distillery over the next four years....
- Why did Mast-Jägermeister buy Sidney Frank?
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard's FY fiscal-2015 - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Amazon adds alcohol to one-hour delivery service
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research