Product Launch – GLOBAL: Ian Macleod Distillers' Glengoyne 40 Years Old
Ian Macleod Distillers' Glengoyne 40 Years Old
Category - Spirits, Scotch whisky, Highland single malt, 45.9% abv
Available - Now, limited to 250 numbered decanters
Location - Global, from specialist whisky outlets in the UK and worldwide
Price - RRP GBP3,750 (US$5,964)
The crystal decanter, hand-blown by Scottish family firm Glencairn Crystal, is housed in an 11-times lacquered piano-finished oak box, replete with gold plates on the front and hand-stitched cream leather interior.
An accompanying leather and gold foil bound book, signed by distillery manager Robbie Hughes, provides tasting notes and background on Glengoyne's history as an independent distillery since 1833.
Scottish brewer Innis & Gunn is planning to expand in the US after reporting strong sales for its beer both in the UK and abroad in 2009....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week....
Diageo is to launch an Easter marketing campaign around its spirits portfolio in the UK....
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Has Coca-Cola Jumped From Frying Pan to Fire?
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- Comment - Hybrid Spirits: Innovation or Laziness?
- Focus - Heineken's H1 Performance by Region
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- Diageo appoints head for Asia marketing unit
- Bacardi sees North America president step down
- Portman finds against Diageo "mix it up" tagline