Product Launch – GLOBAL: Ian Macleod Distillers' Glengoyne 40 Years Old
Ian Macleod Distillers' Glengoyne 40 Years Old
Category - Spirits, Scotch whisky, Highland single malt, 45.9% abv
Available - Now, limited to 250 numbered decanters
Location - Global, from specialist whisky outlets in the UK and worldwide
Price - RRP GBP3,750 (US$5,964)
The crystal decanter, hand-blown by Scottish family firm Glencairn Crystal, is housed in an 11-times lacquered piano-finished oak box, replete with gold plates on the front and hand-stitched cream leather interior.
An accompanying leather and gold foil bound book, signed by distillery manager Robbie Hughes, provides tasting notes and background on Glengoyne's history as an independent distillery since 1833.
Scottish brewer Innis & Gunn is planning to expand in the US after reporting strong sales for its beer both in the UK and abroad in 2009....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week....
Diageo is to launch an Easter marketing campaign around its spirits portfolio in the UK....
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Are we about to see a no-alcohol Heineken?
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- Diageo strengthens Charmer Sunbelt distribution
- Heineken adds to UK on-trade footprint
- Pernod Ricard keen to stem Absolut US declines
- Brewers of Europe recruits communications director
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research