GERMANY: HVB still courting Brau und Brunnen sale
HVB currently holds a 62% stake in the brewer, but some reports from Germany suggest that the company is offering its stake together with around 11% held by Beteiligungsgesellschaft Donath KG, along with some shares held by the brewer itself. This brings the total for sale up to over 75%.
Welt am Sonntag reported last weekend that representatives from Bank One Corp private equity unit One Equity Partners were already sitting in on board meetings at Brau und Brunnen, indicating that it had emerged as the leading bidder. Last month, Brau und Brunnen said that there were four bidders in advanced talks to acquire the stake, including two other companies in the industry and two financial investors.
Companies thought to be interested in increasing their presence in Germany include Interbrew, Heineken, SABMiller and Scottish & Newcastle. HVB is keen on closing the deal by the end of 2003, although chairman Dieter Rampl was quoted recently as saying that it is "better to make a good deal in January than a poor one in December".
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
Heineken has restructured its top management, in a move that includes the retirement of current CEO and chairman Thony Ruys from October this year....
InBev has made an offer to acquire the remaining minority interests in its Russian business SUN Interbrew Ltd (SIL) that it doesn't own, at a price of US$33.41 in cash per security....
China Resources Snow Breweries Limited (CR Snow) has entered into an agreement with the Fuyang City government to acquire the assets of the Fuyang City Snowland Brewery Company in Anhui province for U...
Following its recent re-launch in the UK, SABMiller has introduced its Italian lager brand Peroni Nastro Azzurro to the Romanian market....
Heineken said yesterday that its Austrian subsidiary Brau Union AG has signed an agreement for the divestment of its Real Estate Division. This division comprises all non-business related real estate ...
Heineken has acquired a 40% stake in a Chinese brewery....
Heineken Espana is looking to invest heavily in a new plant in southern Spain....
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- The Coca-Cola Co's Q2/H1 2016 results - Preview
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- SABMiller's Q1 sales performance by region - Focus
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Diageo appoints new Smirnoff head
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- Scotch drop hits Edrington as FY profits fall
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends