USA: Huntington Wine Cellars Announces the Release of the First Wine Made From 2000 Vintage
Huntington Wine Cellars, a premium North Coast wine producer, announces the release of the first California wine made from the first vintage of the new millennium. The Huntington 2000 Sauvignon Blanc, Napa Valley will be released on November 1st, a full three weeks before the traditional release date of the French Beaujolais Nouveau. The fall harvest of the new millennium kicked off with a boom when on Sunday, September 3rd at 1:36 am an earthquake shook the world-famous Napa Valley. The grapes for this wine were harvested from rocky, hillside vineyards near the previously undiscovered fault line that caused the 5.2 rumble, and were hand-harvested the week of the earthquake. To commemorate this special event the wine has been christened 'Earthquake' Sauvignon Blanc. The wine was fermented and finished in stainless steel to preserve its fresh, floral qualities, and is scheduled for bottling the first week of October. 1,100 cases are being produced and the wine will be in national distribution, retailing for about $12 per bottle.Huntington Wine Cellars, owned by William Leigon, is a premium producer of North Coast wines from California. Started in 1989, Huntington was purchased in 1996 by Leigon and has since grown from 4,000 to 15,000 cases in total annual production. Nationally distributed as well as offered for sale directly from the winery, the varietals produced by Huntington include Chardonnay, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Syrah, and of course Sauvignon Blanc. Huntington Wine Cellars is represented exclusively by the Wimbledon Wine Company -- a full-service sales and marketing company also owned by Leigon.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Pernod Ricard's Q3 2017 trading update - Preview
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- How soft drinks brands manage to offend consumers
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Remy Cointreau Fiscal-2017 sales - results data
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- William Grant snaps up Tuthilltown Spirits in US
- TWE's Beringer Main & Vine Dry Rosé - NPD
- Edrington shifts innovation to US in shake-up
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020