USA: Huntington Wine Cellars Announces the Release of the First Wine Made From 2000 Vintage
The fall harvest of the new millennium kicked off with a boom when on Sunday, September 3rd at 1:36 am an earthquake shook the world-famous Napa Valley. The grapes for this wine were harvested from rocky, hillside vineyards near the previously undiscovered fault line that caused the 5.2 rumble, and were hand-harvested the week of the earthquake. To commemorate this special event the wine has been christened 'Earthquake' Sauvignon Blanc. The wine was fermented and finished in stainless steel to preserve its fresh, floral qualities, and is scheduled for bottling the first week of October. 1,100 cases are being produced and the wine will be in national distribution, retailing for about $12 per bottle.
Huntington Wine Cellars, owned by William Leigon, is a premium producer of North Coast wines from California. Started in 1989, Huntington was purchased in 1996 by Leigon and has since grown from 4,000 to 15,000 cases in total annual production. Nationally distributed as well as offered for sale directly from the winery, the varietals produced by Huntington include Chardonnay, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Syrah, and of course Sauvignon Blanc. Huntington Wine Cellars is represented exclusively by the Wimbledon Wine Company -- a full-service sales and marketing company also owned by Leigon.
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- What's behind Brown-Forman's Irish whiskey plans?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- How good a sustainability fit are ABI and SAB?
- The new Johnnie Walker ad and today's consumers
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Chandon to become "third pillar brand" for MH
- Brown-Forman silent on Southern Comfort report
- Stoli appoints international marketing director
- Moet Hennessy hails Formula One deal for Chandon
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research