USA: Huntington Wine Cellars Announces the Release of the First Wine Made From 2000 Vintage
Huntington Wine Cellars, a premium North Coast wine producer, announces the release of the first California wine made from the first vintage of the new millennium. The Huntington 2000 Sauvignon Blanc, Napa Valley will be released on November 1st, a full three weeks before the traditional release date of the French Beaujolais Nouveau. The fall harvest of the new millennium kicked off with a boom when on Sunday, September 3rd at 1:36 am an earthquake shook the world-famous Napa Valley. The grapes for this wine were harvested from rocky, hillside vineyards near the previously undiscovered fault line that caused the 5.2 rumble, and were hand-harvested the week of the earthquake. To commemorate this special event the wine has been christened 'Earthquake' Sauvignon Blanc. The wine was fermented and finished in stainless steel to preserve its fresh, floral qualities, and is scheduled for bottling the first week of October. 1,100 cases are being produced and the wine will be in national distribution, retailing for about $12 per bottle.Huntington Wine Cellars, owned by William Leigon, is a premium producer of North Coast wines from California. Started in 1989, Huntington was purchased in 1996 by Leigon and has since grown from 4,000 to 15,000 cases in total annual production. Nationally distributed as well as offered for sale directly from the winery, the varietals produced by Huntington include Chardonnay, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Syrah, and of course Sauvignon Blanc. Huntington Wine Cellars is represented exclusively by the Wimbledon Wine Company -- a full-service sales and marketing company also owned by Leigon.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Can Coca-Cola fuel SABMiller's soft drinks story?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Diageo confirms Australia abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Smirnoff tops UK shopping list - figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018